Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Future Post

After another long day of lectures and structure, we were told where we will be serving and what job we will be doing.  I will be up in the Segou region.  I'm excited about this.  I will be with a cool group of people, working on Shea Butter projects.  Shea butter is a really big natural resource that Mali produces right now.  As I become more educated on this subject I will post.  As of now, I know what I will be doing here in Mali.  This makes my reason for being here a bit clearer. Exciting times lay ahead.  I will be away for the next week or so, so don't expect any updates.  I am going back to a nice land where there is no electricity and where I can't walk more than 10 steps without having a little one call my name, ask how I am, where am I going, or offer to hold my water bottle for me.  I keep trying to post pictures, but as I do live in Mali, internet connection isn't always my friend.  

2 comments:

Kanki said...

Esto nos ayuda a ponernos en perspectiva...besos

Unknown said...

good girl. i am proud of you. :) stay hydrated and safe. love you!