Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick Update


I am in Bamako for the day.  We are almost done with training.  One more week left in our language villages.  I'm excited to start my service here in Mali.  I have been looking forward to today for the past week.  I ate pizza and am now about to feast on home-made chocolate ice cream.  Ice cream is such a treat here because: it's hot, and ice cream is great in hot weather.  Also, because it is just soooo good and it's a treat!
I am doing well out here.  No more sicknesses, and I'm starting to feel fairly comfortable with the language.  I got my first package!  Shauna, you are awesome.  I got Fritos and some trashy US/People magazines!  I am now caught up on the latest gossip-at least from Aug. 11 and before.  Hey, I need some way to keep up with American culture!  More fun stories to come!
Short funny story:  Yesterday I was asked how much my dad would ask for me.  Meaning, how many goats/cows/$CFA for someone to marry me in America.  I laughed and said he couldn't afford me! 
More stories later!

No comments: