Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things to Send Me

I've been asked before, so here is a list of things that would be great for anyone to send me:
1-Cambells Extra Noodle soup-the powder mix, not canned
2-Cliff Bars- I particularly like Peanut butter crunch
3-Any kind of drink flavoring: Gatorade, Crystal Lite, Kool Aid, those Vitamin C drink mixes(Strawberry, Cherry are my favorites)
4-I really like the 365 Cinnamon/Apple Oatmeal pouches sold by Whole Foods.  Most any type of flavored oatmeal would be great though.
5-Cheerios!  I can eat it dried at least, good source of fiber for me.  Go ahead, send a bag (take it out of the box)
6-Fritos/Cheetos/Nacho Chips from AZ or CA (east coast just cant get them right)/Doritos (Ranch or Nacho Chz).  I would absolutely love seeing any of these unhealthy products.
7-Easy Mac!!! Please!  All i need to do is add warm water-I think?  I will not have access to milk or butter all the time, so Easy Mac is my best hope.  The cheesy goodness is already mixed.
8-Blowpops/Jollyranchers/ any kind of candy that will not melt en route.
9-Pancake mix!  Unfortunately just the kind where you add water.  No more bisquick pancakes...Aunt Jamima or a healthier alternative is fine.
10-ANYTHING that isn't Perishable.  Please.  There are very few comfort foods here, so anything that you may want to through in their go for it...no beef jerky though:-)

Here's my cooking set up: I will have 2 gas burners.  This means I can fry stuff, and boil things.  I can store things also, so canned goods would be ok, but you don't have to send that stuff.  

I would also love to be sent books, DVD's (new, used, burned), Magazines-The Economist, Time, Cosmo, Self-I'll take it!

Here is my new address:
Monica Garcia PCV
Corps de la Paix
Bla, Mali
West Africa

*I am pretty much the only white person in the city of Bla, so my mail will get to me.  Shauna said there is a flat rate box you can send, it's $40 but you can fill it to whatever poundage you want.  It's a lot, but come on- I am out here in Africa saving the world one person at a time:-)
**Mail takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks to get to me.  Average seems to be about 3 weeks, so think ahead.  

1 comment:

Kanki said...

ay minina que graciosa eres por ahi ya salio una carta y pronto te llegara tu caja...besos