Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Going Home (Malian Home)


This picture is of the Niger River, taken here in Segou.  Sunsets are the most beautiful here. 

This morning I am finally leaving to settle into my new home.  I am nervous, excited, anxious, and don't want to leave all at the same time.  My new house is cute- 2 rooms, I have my own nygene attached to the back, and I have a nice gwa (hangar) in front of my house that I will hang up my hammock and read endlessly there!  Over the next 10 days or so I will be doing a lot of cleaning, organizing and making my new house a home.  I will also get to walk around my new community meeting new people, and attempting to not have little kids scared to death of me....it happens.  I have literally scared kids so much because I am white that they peed of fright on the spot-no diapers on.  Nice.  
So, wish me luck!  I am still waiting on hospital news from back home, so day by day I am taking things here.  I'll be back in 10 days-more or less, not quite sure.    

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop scaring the children! :)

Miss you. <3

-Shaunas

chad said...

hey monie .. miss you .. you look great.love ya

Unknown said...

Hey Mon,
Looks like your trip is going really good so far! We all miss you and I hope I can plan a trip out there at some point. Money pending, of course!

Love you

P.S. Grandma is doing REALLY WELL and is feisty as ever!!!

Kanki said...

Hola mi nina..que bella te ves..no se cuantas veces lo dire pero estoy super orgullosa de ti. besos