Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last Week of Training

My last week of training.  It’s been a real up and down week so far.  I am done with home stay.  I passed my language test!  Went on a fun field trip into Bamako and learned about Shea nut buyers, and how I can help women of my village make some money. I also got some bad news from home, grandma isn’t doing so well.  I am told it is nothing too serious, and she’ll be home soon, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.   I was debating on whether or not to post that, however all of you know me, and know how important my grandma is to me.  It is really hard to be here, knowing that grandma is in the hospital.  I guess there is never a good time for bad things to happen; people getting sick or injured.  Right now just really sucks though.  I am about to swear in as a PCV.  I have been through 2 months of language and culture training, as well as a total change in lifestyle.  C’est la vie.

Other than that depressing news, things are going well.  A lot of the people are getting things sent from back home, and it’s nice that everyone is good about sharing.  I managed to get 2 Cliff Bars and an Easy Mac from my friend Jen.  Speaking of friends, I’ve met some really cool people here.  Jen is actually a fellow Upstater!  Oddly enough we didn’t realize we were both from Albany until about 1 month into training.  I’m a little frazzled right now, so I’ll stop this torture of a blog.  The next few days may be busy, with finishing up training and all. I also have a ton of laundry to do.  Since it will all be done by (my) hand, it will take a good 2hrs. 

 

Ps- Sorry about the ‘family picture’ missing.  I thought I uploaded it properly, but it was brought to my attn. that it is not up.  I will try again, but I seem to not have any luck getting pics up on blogspot here at the training center.  Again, if you are a member of Facebook, I have a ton of pictures up there.

No comments: